Use Case – Empties Networks
Analyze and Optimize Empties Networks
A medium-sized company returns empty load carriers (containers, packaging) from the production plants back to the supplier. The company wants to achieve a cost efficient balance for the supply and demand of load carriers. This presents a particular challenge. Discover here how XCargo can help to master such challenges.
- Different kinds of load carriers (containers, packaging)
- Many different ways in which containers, packaging, and so on, move through the network.
- The flows of containers and packaging mutually influence one another.
- Consolidation by cross-docking is helpful.
- Restrictive capacities at hubs.
- Unsteady load carrier availability at plants.
The solution: Here’s how we do it:
- Evaluate the as-is situation.
- Determine a realistic cost structure that takes effects of scale through consolidation into account.
- Optional: A green field analysis can find the best number and places of cross-docking points (XCargo location planning).
- Use our flexible optimization module that is easy to configure to simulate the supply chain you need to plan.
- Optimize empties flows through the existing network or through a network planned using green field analysis (XCargo network optimization).
- Calculate various scenarios (e.g., changing capacities at hubs).
- Automatic presentation in maps and charts.
- Take changing quantities into account through regular excess planning.
- No more bottlenecks.
- Successfully prevent supply gaps.
- Reduce logistics costs drastically.
- Planning lets you act instead of react.
- Eliminate costly ad hoc reactions.